I have loved SVU for years now. But lately, episodes can send me to tears and leave me thinking about characters for hours after the show ends.
Some of my favorite episodes, I can't wait at all...the one with the little boy who kills his toddler neighbor. Is labeled a sociopath and deemed untreatable. Killed by the father of the little boy he tortured/killed. Because he knows the boy will kill again and fill no regret.
Can't do it.
I just watched one where an abusive husband kills his wife. It's later revealed that the downstairs neighbor killed her abusive husband 25 years before and has been on the run since then...the way she tells her story is heartbreaking.
I'm guessing this is happening now because I know I'm about to be thrown into a world where these are just fictional characters. The abused wife will be a client. The little boy who feels no regret will count on me to do what's best.
I won't be able to turn off the TV and forget about these people. They'll be real.
I don't know if I'll be able to handle SVU much longer...we'll see.
PS - thank you for all the kind feedback!
I have noticed that social workers always appear to "drop the ball" on TV shows. Sad.
ReplyDelete