Thursday, December 3, 2009

Almost there

Did my last presentation today.

My research paper on adoption and first mothers is due Tuesday at 12. After that, I AM HOME FREE. I'm flying home on the 16th for the holidays.

Next semester, I have two electives: Forensic Social Work and Adoption & Foster Care.  Required classes...I can't remember.  LOL, sad I know.

This program as definitely been a learning experience. I snickered at orientation when they talked about how we would come to know ourselves in a different light. So true. Coming from such a closed minded under-graduate school and city, it's been eye-opening to me to see people who are so different from me in class. It's forced me to think about how I really feel. I've had many debates in my head about my beliefs and why I believe what I believe. If certain beliefs are actually biblical or just someone's interpretation.  I've had to learn how to take my own beliefs out of the equation, when it comes to other people.  In that case, it doesn't matter what I think is right or wrong.  Harder to do than I thought.

I think everyone should have to take some social work classes and get uncomfortable, it's good for you!

2 comments:

  1. I've been seriously considering changing my major over the last couple months. I need to know what to look for in a school. Is accredidation important like it would be for my accounting degree (to sit for the CPA exam anyway)? Email me back, give me tips if you can!! sanitysrchr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Really enjoyed it. I'm ALMOST done...two more days.
    ~Ms. T. J.
    http://blog.socialworker.com/2009/12/cmon-people-now.html

    ReplyDelete