We watched Methadonia in my policy class yesterday.
I was mesmerized...I don't know if that's quite the right word.
But in every clip I saw, I realized....I have NO idea what drug addiction, withdrawal, clinics, etc. look like. What happens when a person goes through withdrawal? The only image I come up with is Mimi in RENT. Is that even accurate? I don't quite understand why Methadone is ok to use, the documentary seemed to be saying that it was just another addiction, but safer, I guess.
Before this, I didn't even know Methadone was used for heroin addiction...when I say clueless. I mean - clueless.
The more I learn, the more I feel like I don't know. I didn't know you could die from withdrawal. I had no idea what nodding was or benzos. I would love to see the entire documentary and form some kind of knowledgeable opinion on all of these issues. I'll have to check netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment