Friday, January 8, 2010

The Dreaded Question

After yesterday, I have decided this is one of the worst questions to ask someone - and I heard it a lot.

"Hey Hazel, would you feel comfortable __________"

What exactly am I supposed to say? Obviously it was something ridiculous, I would say no.

But in this case:

1. It is my first day. Of course I don't feel comfortable doing it. I don't feel comfortable doing anything, because I don't know how!  Because it is my first day. Because I don't know what to say to call a doctor's office and ask about a baby.
2. If I say no, what are you going to think of me.
3. There really is nothing better for me to do

The answer I gave many times yesterday - Sure, if you show me how!

1 comment:

  1. Ah...the other workers figured out that they could delegate to you! Ugh! It sounds like you handled yourself quite well! Good job...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete