Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a little awkward

...when one of your classmates is a receptionist in your therapist's office...especially when she calls you about your appointment.  He had already told me someone from my school worked in his office and asked if I was ok with that and I told him yes.  I had no idea who it was until she stopped me in the hallway today and told me not to worry...and then she calls me this afternoon!  I'm sure I made her feel uncomfortable, because when she said her name I greeted her like it was a personal phone call.  She stumbled a little and proceeded in a professional fashion...oops on my part!

I also found out today that our field supervisor is leaving; she was offered a job at our university's counseling center.  We're seeing the high turn over rate first hand!  Not sure what they will do with us, she's one of the few MSWs in Sleepy County. I'm a little anxious to see who we'll be working with now. The only two other MSWs I know of are both case managers and fairly new...so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. A completely natural first response to your classmate, I'm sure I would've done the same. It's an uncomfortable situation -- worlds colliding and all. :)

    ReplyDelete